Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Brief Update

I'm going to try to make a regular habit of blogging during my lunch break.  I won't promise that I'll do it every day, but I will hopefully be a lot more regular about it than I have been the last few months.  So here are some updates on games that I'm working on:

Of Power & Glory:
This is kind of old news now, but since I never got around to saying anything about it, here it is.  I had Of Power & Glory reviewed by The Chief of The Dice Tower.  A pretty good review if I say so myself!  He gave it an 8.  Here's the video:

Of Pride & Policy:
I published it on The Game Crafter a few weeks ago.  My last post went into a little detail about the changes so I won't go into them again here.  I've sent off a copy to The Gamer's Table for review.  I'll update the blog when the review in done.

Of Feast & Famine:
This is the third game in the series and the one that I'm actively working on now.  It's a cooperative game so that's a new twist for me.  I don't have time to go into all the details, but in a nutshell it's a kingdom management game.  What I'm shooting for is a game where all hell breaks loose from every direction and the players have to keep 20 balls in the air at the same time to win.  Losing should feel like death from 1,000 paper cuts.  It remains to be seen how well I achieve that goal.  I hope to playtest it this Saturday at the Secrets Factory game design meetup (I've join that meetup group since the last time I blogged).

The Wardenclyffe Effect:
The Game Crafter announced another game contest and I'll give it another shot.  The strategy I'm taking is this:  Have a simple game with few parts so you can have a nice box and game board and stay under the $19.99 limit.  The contest theme is a Steampunk dice game.  My game uses a die, but I'm not sure I would call it a dice game....  that may hurt me in the contest.  But the rules of the contest clearly state that dice rolling need not be the primary mechanic.  I tried to stay with the spirit of contest (simple games).  The game is a fairly simple abstract game that I'm stretching a thin "Fictional Tesla Device" theme over.  The artwork is ok so far...  I've never tried to do Steampunk before, so it's a new artistic area for me.  I may end up tweaking the artwork more by the time the contest ends (August 1st).  Right now, I'm just working on the rule.  It's a two player game, so hopefully I can playtest it with my wife.

Treasures of Seraph Isle:
This is a semi-deduction based game that I've currently put on the back burner.  I playtested it once about a month ago and came away with some ideas for changes, but other games have kind of pushed it to the side for now.  I may get back to it at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment