Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Bradfield Acres

I just published Bradfield Acres.  It's a game for a resources contest at The Game Crafter.  The crux of the contest is that you have to use their resource pieces in your game.  I playtested it yesterday and it played well.  I only had to add a little bit of clarification to one section of the rules.

Bradfield Acres is an auctioning game.  Resources are pulled at random from a bag and placed into a pool that all players bid on.  When you bid, you are bidding on the number of resources that you would like to take.  But the Players who bid lowest go first, so you're also bidding on turn order.  On your turn, you take the resources you've won and place them in one of your three trucks.  There are three common delivery cards shown at all times.  If one of your trucks can fulfill a delivery, you take the card and place it face down in front of you.  It's a simple game, but it's a lot of fun.

There is a companion game to it called Bradfield Estates that I'm wishy washy on.  It's not as good as Bradfield Acres.  I'm not sure if I'm going to enter that game in the contest or not...  right now I'm leaning towards entering it.  But I'm kind of wondering if there would be sort of a guilt-by-association effect.  I don't think so, but it does have me wondering.  I don't think I'll publish that one...  at least not as a standalone.  I might include it with Bradfield Acres as sort of a B-side.  The games use about 90% of the same parts. 

That's my update for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment