Saturday, November 12, 2011

stonemanahgames.com

I have just made the first version of stonemanahgames.com...  It's in it's infancy, so there are a lot of problems with it. 
  • First, it doesn't seem to work with IE, but  it does work with firefox.  I haven't tried it with any other browsers yet.  
  • Second, this blog is kind of cheesely (is that a word?) plopped down in an iframe.  I'll have to see if I can do better.
But the really cool thing is that I'm loading the game data from The Game Crafter using ajax.  This site is nothing but html and javascript, but it shows dynamic data and (I think) will someday allow people to purchase my games directly from the site.  Currently there's are links to The Game Crafter site for each game.  It works, but it's not very integrated.  Of course, nobody is looking at this site yet anyway!

I guess I'll explain my expectations about what I'm going to do with this blog.  Basically I'm going to blog about anything related to Stone Manah Games.. the games I'm designing and anything interesting that has to do with board games.  I'm going to try to blog about the games as I design them, but since I already have a few games in the pipe, I may have to back fill some.

I just realized that you probably don't know a thing about me  I'll have to do a "bio" blog at some point, but I don't think I'm going do it now.  I expect I'll be a pretty casual blogger.  I'm not going to blog any essays anytime soon.


I guess that's enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment